Monday, July 02, 2007

alameda finds

I went to the Alameda Point Antiques and Collectibles Fair for the first time yesterday with Nancy and Natalie and B and Meghan. I've been to lots of fairs which sell a lot of junk, but not this one.

I found gorgeous $2 plastic Japanese platters:



And this luminous green glass vase:



Even if you are not buying, the fair is totally amusing to walk through. There's something entertaining for everyone: my husband was entranced by the antique tools and the dealer selling old watch parts. I found a treasure trove of letterpress type and images and loved the vintage super soft white linens at Euro-Linens. A most excellent iced mocha from a Bay Bridge Coffee stall kept me going!

Also, the view of SF from the fairgrounds is not to be missed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay! it was so much fun-- I wish i'd tried one of those mochas too! and i love your platters-- i didn't get a great look at them yesterday, they're great.