Tuesday, August 14, 2007

mission indie mart



If you are around SF this weekend, definitely check out the Mission Indie Mart. Besides the sweet whale (I love whales) icon, they are bound to have some sweet designers. For instance, Ali of designalicious will be there with her beautiful jewelry! I have two of her charm necklaces (wearing one today actually!) and get endless compliments on them.

I wish I could go but I'll be away for the weekend. But Ali mentioned that she'll be at the next Capsule SF Design Festival on Oct 14 in Hayes Valley so there'll be another chance!

Also - while on the topic of local indie designer fairs - I know there will be some wonderful letterpress works for sale on Sept 8 at the SF Center for the Book's Fourth Annual Roadworks: Steamroller Prints and Street Fair. If you've been jonesing to have a real life steamroller print a carved linoleum block for you - here's your opportunity.

Among others, my letterpress teacher, Megan Aidie, will have a table. Check it out!

No comments: